Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an offering under the Australian National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) designed to aid individuals in living as independently as possible in their own home or one provided to them. Depending upon their NDIS Plan, people can live with others or on their own. It encompasses support for routine tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and personal care, to foster the individual’s independence.
VIVA Mutual is an accredited NDIS SIL Provider, supporting people across Adelaide in VIVA houses or other living arrangements of their choosing.
Determining whether SIL is suitable for you or someone you support involves assessing your/their personal needs and goals and ensuring it is written into the NDIS Plan. SIL aims to assist with daily tasks and build skills for independent living, which could be beneficial if you/they are looking to enhance self-reliance while having the safety net of support when needed. Supports funded by the NDIS can include improving living skills, money and household management, and social and community opportunities and activities.
When choosing a SIL provider, it is crucial to consider several factors to ensure that the provider is aligned with your, or theirs, individual needs, and preferences. Here are five tips to help you select a suitable SIL provider:
- Ensure the Provider is NDIS-Registered: Only NDIS-registered providers are approved by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to deliver funded services. Registration is a sign of credibility and a formal demonstration of the required standards.
- Assess the Provider’s Reputation: Look for providers with strong positive feedback from current or former clients. A good reputation is usually indicative of quality service and reliability.
- Understand the Balance Between Independence and Support: The provider should encourage and support independence while also offering the necessary assistance. It’s essential to discuss your goals (or those of the person you support) and the level of independence desired with the provider under consideration.
- Experience with Similar Needs: Providers with experience catering to individuals with preferences like yours are likely to offer more personalised and effective support. Each person is unique, and so the provider’s relevant experience can be critical to future well-being.
- Availability of 24/7 Support: If the situation requires round-the-clock support, ensure the provider has adequate staffing and systems in place to meet the requirement
It is advisable to conduct thorough research and meet with potential providers to discuss your preferences in detail. Feel free to ask about all the relevant parts of their support and services, their people, experience, and homes. Also, check out their experience with specific disabilities, their approach to fostering independence, and the safety and support structure they have in place.
Ultimately, the best SIL arrangement for you will be one that aligns with your personal goals, provides the level of support you require, and respects your autonomy. Engaging in a dialogue with potential providers and possibly seeking advice from other individuals who use SIL services can help you make an informed decision.
Connect with VIVA Mutual today and ask us ANYTHING AT ALL about our valued Supported Independent Living (SIL) expertise and experience!